Welcome to PoreCamp 2017
Monday 3 - 7 July 2017 University of Birmingham Birmingham, UK
- Nick Loman (University of Birmingham)
- Josh “771kb” Quick (University of Birmingham)
- Matt Loose (University of Nottingham)
- John Tyson (University of British Columbia, Vancouver)
- Emily Richardson (MicrobesNG, University of Birmingham)
- Pablo Fuentes-Utrilla (MicrobesNG, University of Birmingham)
- more instructors to be announced shortly
Places are strictly limited. Places will be allocated according to the following strict criteria.
- have a MinION;
- have basic hands-on experience of the MinION and/or MinION data analysis;
- have a background in either bioinformatics and/or wet lab work; and
- be able to attend ALL FIVE days of the course; this is non-negotiable.
This year the course will start on Monday morning, so be prepared to travel on Sunday. The course will be over by lunchtime on Friday.
In the event the course is over-subscribed, the instructors will allocate places according to the strength of the application and the applicant’s relevant experience.
Porecamp 2017 is £600 which includes the cost of the reagents and consumables used. The course registration fee does not include accommodation which is likely to cost ~£50-75/night.
Payments must be made by credit card.
Registrations close on the 20th March 2017.
Please download and complete the application form and return
to Jennie Law
j dot law at bham dot ac uk